Monday, October 8, 2012

Catching Up.

Well to say I stepped away from the keyboard is an understatement. I have had tons of things on my plate the last few months. We had to let our secretary go and W have been taking in all the slack. As for hunting I have been able to get out a few times this year. I went out in Big Bear for archery deer opener. I was up the whole week and hunted everyday but Thursday. I scoured that mountain from front to back and one more time over. I did find a great spot for bear. Finding a parking spot was another task with no turn outs or even a brush clearing to pull off into. So after spending little time there it was back to it. All in all a pretty lack lust trip being alone in mountain land made the heart race. I saw does and fawns but never saw a quality shooter. Big Bear is a tough place to hunt. I only saw one hunter the whole time up there. Thursday I need a little R&R so off to Big Bear Golf Course for a quick 9 holes. It was great to take some time and just enjoy the mountain air with out lugging my pack and bow. As for my local A-31 we have hit the hills a few times seeing more deer in one day than the whole time in Big Bear. We have a great looking 3x3 a few forkies and tones of does. This should bring us all success hopefully. Brandon, Al (socalbowhunter.com) and myself have been hitting the range at least once a week and I have been shooting in my back yard a lot. I have already shot through my 18-1 Rinehart in a little over 6 months. G5 montec practice tips tore it up. We are a week away from Rifle season here in So Cal. I will be updating more and am going to start posting pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment