Tuesday, January 22, 2013

TRI-TIP Anyone?

Over the weekend was the Yearly Tri-Tip Cookoff at Glory Days. We had 10 pitmasters all gunning for the bragging rights of best Tri-Tip for the year. Of course a little side wager was in order but thats just for the cooks. I changed up my Tri-tip this year doing a little different marinade and dry rub. I just brought down the the little weber this year and I left my offset at the house, partly because I can't load it up by myself and I was lazy. All in all I did great, I took 3rd place moving up 2 spots from last year. Maybe my little Weber is on to something. The best for me was Dick and his son enjoy piece after piece of my tri-tip. My dad and Sue made it out to join in and get some free tri-tip. Once again it was great to see everyone and make some new friends. There will be a Rib off this year and a chance at pork shoulder. I cant wait, nothing better than a good day in the sun cooking up some good cuts of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment