Wednesday, January 21, 2015

2015 Outlook


As the new year rolls in the planning for the upcoming year has already begun. I had let my training slip after I got back from Colorado and gained some of the weight that I lost. The deserts were what were getting to me. I am looking forward into getting back into shape.  With my younger son being 1.5 years old and my older son turning 11 it is time to get  them out in the field more. I plan on hiking a lot more this year, with so many local trails with in an hour from my house I need to take advantage of them more. This will also help me in finding new areas to hunt for deer.

This year I plan on getting back out on the golf course. I have been playing here and there the past few years and my game has really slipped. To me golf and archery are very much the same due to the  repetition. If one part of your form is off then who knows where the ball or arrow will go. So I plan on focusing on these more to better build my form.

I will also be heading over to Honolulu this year for my cousins wedding. I am thinking I might take the bow to see if I could find an Island hog or 2. That would be great but I'm not sure if time will allow it. With the whole family being over there it might just be to crazy. I will be taking the plunge into marriage this year as well. As of now we are planning some time in November to avoid most of the hunting seasons. I want to get back to Missouri to see my Grandpa and a few family members back there and possibly look for a good spot to hunt whitetail.

With the calendar already filling up, my hunting partner and I are already starting to plan where to hunt in 2015. With a few great choices local and a few a little farther away, I may opt to stay closer to home and hunt D-14 or D-11. I would love to do 2-3 trips for 3-4 days each. I just miss being out under the stars in my tent, listening to the sounds of the peaceful forest as I drift off to sleep. Colorado is still burning in my mind and I hope by 2016 I will be able to make the trip back for elk. My father told me when I was young the older you get the faster years fly by. As I type this it is already half way through January. Soon it will be opening day and we will all wonder were the time has gone. I hope 2015 is a great year for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment