Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My 2014 hunting bow is.....

Hunting season 2014 just got a little better for myself. I will be shooting the 2014 Prime Defy at 70 pounds of pure knock down power. I shot a variety of bows at the beginning of the season and I finally decided on the Defy. After shooting my Centroid for 3 years I was happy with how the Prime shot and felt in my grubby little paws. Since I loved shooting my Centriod, I decided to stick with Prime. Prime makes a great bow and I am a strong believer that you get what you pay for. That being said, I shot a few Strothers this year, My hunting partner has 2 and they were great bows at a great price. If you have not shot a Strother check them out. The Prime just felt right. If you are in the market for a new bow, shoot every bow, from as many manufactures as you can.

I was finally able to pick up my bow last Wednesday from Archery Outpost. I had Conner install my Peep, D-loop, rest, and sight. Once he got everything dialed in I was ready to take my bow home.

2014 Bow Setup.
Bow: 2014 Prime Defy 70# in Real Tree
Rest: AAE DOA Full Capture Fall Away Real Tree
Sight: Montana Black Gold Custom Vengeance or Ambush Single Pin
Stabilizer: B Stinger Pro Hunter Maxx 8"
Arrows: Deer Crossing Archery, Hunters and SD Hunters 300 spine
Fletchings: Blazer Vanes
Broadheads: G5 Montec 100 grain
Release: Scott Little Bitty Goose
Quiver: Tight Spot 


2014 Prime Defy

2014 Prime defy

The first day at the range with my new bow was a success. I was shooting really close to where my old sight was sighted in. I was off by about 6-9 yards. I will be changing out my Vengeance to my Ambush sight. I have grow more accustomed to the single pin Since I have shot one for 2 seasons. My first end at 40 yards was a little low but the grouping was not bad. This bow shoots extremely flat and fast. I am always impressed with the products from Prime.
First End at 40 yards off by a few yards

At the end of the night I was very pleased with my new bow. I will swapping sights today and getting my quiver mounted. After that 3-5 days will be spent at the range or behind my office shooting. I want to be dialed in for Colorado. With only 58 days left till we leave, I have my work cut out for me. I am confident I will be able to get everything tuned perfectly on my new bow. I have been shooting a good amount this year so I am confident in my form. I just need to get the new bow sighted in. I just have to get over to Archery Outpost, chronograph my bow to get my feet per second, then slap on the right sight tape and I am dialed in to 100 yards. I should have all that done by the end of this week. I have a great feeling for this upcoming season.






No comments:

Post a Comment