Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Final Countdown Has Began.

Today marks the final count down till Al and I leave to Colorado. To say I'm not excited would be a lie. The front room has turned from my son's play area to Elk Head Quarters. I have began laying out my gear, checking my lists, and making sure my bow is 100%. I will be shooting as much as I can in the upcoming weeks and pushing myself just a little harder.

When Al and I planned this trip it was almost 2 years ago, it seem so far away. Now with limited days left I feel like time is running out and I must recheck everything once or twice more. With the mix of emotions from excited, to knowing I am going to miss being home, to a little scared. I have never been backpacking this long.  I still cant wait. The texts and emails fly back and forth between Al and I, and it never seems to end.

My gear has been slowly coming together. I have my menu laid out which Mainly consists of Probar for Breakfast, Trail mix, Jerky, and summer sausage for lunch, Mountain House for dinner and Snickers or a Pats Back Country Brew. My pack will be between 40-50 pounds plus my bow. I can not wait to get camp set, and have the first afternoon and evening to familiarize ourselves with the area. Plus who know we might just get lucky and be on the Elk that afternoon. This will be a trip of a life time that I will never forget. I have one more trip to Bass Pro to get the remaining pieces and just to walk and site see with the family. As the time ticks down to D-Day I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Going to be a trip of epic proportion! I am stoked! All of our hard work will pay off, too. Great job on all the hard work you have done this year. Now it's time to let the Strother and Prime eat!

    ReplyDelete