Thursday, June 26, 2014

Product Review: Bandlands Zip-No Bino Case

When I first started hunting I carried my binoculars in my pack. After a few trips I was tired of every time I wanted to glass I had to stop, get my bino's out, glass, and then put them back. It got old really quick. On the way home from one of our first scouting trips Tyler and I stopped by Turners, I thought I had found the solution in the binocular straps. I purchased those and was off for some turkey hunting in the next couple of days. After hiking 6-8 miles that day chasing wild turkey, my binoculars where bouncing all over my chest, I had a new problem. I would rather pull them out of my pack then have my chest beat for hours. I knew that would not work as I would need them to glass spots quickly and on the move. I would need my bino's at any given moment. I have seen a lot of guys on the hunting boards looking for a great binocular case. With the Badlands Zip-No Bino Case you get just that.

After some research and chatting with Al, who at the time we were just starting to hunt together. He recommended the Badlands Bino Case. The more I looked into their bino system the more I started leaning to Badlands. Now there are 3 different Bino Systems, The Bino X, The Zip-no, and a zippered one.

From Badlands Website

Revolutionary new way to carry your expensive binos. The new Badlands Bino Case features a new water tight and dust proof closure called the Zip-no? system which makes accessing and protecting your binos easier than ever. The shoulder harness also accommodates your hydration needs with a rollout bladder.

Specs
Weight: 1 lbs 8 oz
Capacity: 200 ci
 Bino case Available in MAX-1 swatch Bino case Available in APX swatch
 Dimensions: 10" X 6.5" X 3"



Photo: Al Quackenbush 2013


 The Bino Case also comes with a mesh netting that holds a water bladder, the netting can be rolled up and zipped away when wearing a pack and rolled out if your just going for a quick hike. All you need is your water bladder and hydration hose. I have been using this system now for 2 full seasons and unless something better comes out I'm sticking with my No-Zip Bino Case. There are two straps that go over your shoulders then two more that wrap around just above your waste so the pack will not bounce around as you hike and break brush. On the inside of the pack it has the main pocket for your binos and 4 smaller pouches on the flap that opens, one has a zipper. I keep my hunting license, deer tag, trespassing laws and one of those high tech space pens in there. I also keep a water proof pad in the big section behind my binos for taking notes on the trail. On either side of the pack it has 2 small straps, I use one for my walkie talkie and I hang my sunglasses from the other side when I am glassing. I have everything I need right in front of me. This case also has a hook on the bottom side to hook your D loop onto so you don't have to set your bow down when you want to glass a hillside real fast.



The one down side to this Binocular system is the cost. At $129.99 MSRP it is not cheap. I was able to find one a little cheaper off Ebay. It also comes with Badlands unconditional warranty. If anything happens no matter what they will fix or replace anything new or used. They have one of the best warranties in the industry. If you buy it brand new, on Ebay or at garage sale it dose not matter they will still warranty it. Check out Badlandspacks.com for all of the great Badlands products. Little did I know I would have a Bino case and 3 packs in less 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment