Thursday, June 5, 2014

Wilderness Athlete: Hydrate and Recover and Energy and Focus

Since the beginning of the year I have tried to cut down on my daily energy drink intake. For me I love a Monster in the morning like most have a coffee. I don't like coffee, I have tried everything from 7-11 to the high end Starbucks stuff. Either way I just don't Like it. Take for example my hunting partner Al and I one morning while deer hunting A-31 in the Los Angeles National Forest. It was 29 degrees, cold and windy. When we me up after glassing for 2-3 hour and seeing nothing we pulled out the jet boil and heated up some water. Al pulled out his coffee and I pulled my Swiss hot chocolate. You should of seen the look on his face, priceless. Ok lets get back on track.

I had been reading about Wilderness Athlete for some time and decided to give it a shot. After talking to a few buddies I came to the conclusion I was going to get a tube of Hydrate and Recover and Energy and Focus.

Hydrate and Recover

NEWEST GENERATION OF SPORTS DRINKS FORMULATED TO REPLENISH AND REFUEL YOUR BODY.

Nearly fifty years ago, the era of sports drinks began with the introduction of Gatorade® to the marketplace.  Scientific research, however, has continued to uncover the body’s “thirst” for specific nutrients that keep us operating at peak levels.  With this new infrmation, sports drinks have evolved beyond simple fluid and electrolyte replacement products into versatile performance enhancing fuels.  Wilderness Athlete Hydrate & Recover is the latest generation of sports drinks, incorporating all the current science related to rehydrating and refueling your muscles to meet the demands of physical activity.  By replenishing the broad array of nutrients that are consumed during exercise, and by refilling fluid “reservoirs,” Hydrate & Recover keeps your body and brain fueled for increased endurance and ready to meet the next challenge.* Gluten Free

HYDRATE & RECOVER ADVANTAGES:

  • Precisely balanced electrolyte and mineral composition to support proper hydration, energy metabolism, and physical endurance*
  • Isotonic formulation ensures fast gastric emptying, rushing fluids to muscles and organs where they’re needed most*
  • Contains no artificial colors, flavors, stabilizers, or preservatives*
  • Low Glycemic Index (GI) sugars combined with complex carbohydrates and L-Glutamine help support increased endurance and prevent fatigue*
  • Includes Glucosamine to maintain and nourish joints and retain their proper fluid levels*
  • Provides energy cycle cofactors and standardized botanical extracts for sustained ATP (energy) production throughout the body*
  • *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Energy and Focus

FINISH STRONG BY INCREASING YOUR ENERGY AND BOOSTING MENTAL CLARITY.

We’ve all tried them, one or more of them, in fact – convenience store energy drinks.  These are the beverages that seem to share some very common traits: interesting, provocative names, non-stop advertising, and almost cult-like following.  The reality is that these products usually end up taking far more of our energy than they could ever give — producing roller coaster highs and lows, all the while depleting vital nutrients and overstressing our physiology.  Wilderness Athlete Energy & Focus is a notably different type of energy drink, uniquely formulated to feed the energy producing mechanisms in the body while boosting mental clarity and increasing physical output.  Originally developed for professional, Olympic®, and other elite athletes, Energy & Focus is the healthy, effective alternative to  “cult” canned and bottled products, and is now available to the athlete in each of us.* Gluten Free

ENERGY AND FOCUS ADVANTAGES:

  • Contains no simple sugars to interfere with normal blood sugar metabolism and regulation – a true “no crash” formula*
  • A comprehensive profile of neuroactive nutrients to support optimum brain and nervous system energy and physiology*
  • Potent antioxidant profile of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Mixed Carotenes protects tissues from free-radical damage*
  • Fast acting, steady energy boost – Feel it in minutes, enjoy for it hours*
  • Includes adaptogenic botanical extracts to support physical stamina*
  • Naturally flavored and colored, contains no artificial ingredients*
  • *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.  This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
I have been mixing them together in what mountain firefighters have dubbed the Blaze. It is a great tasting and fast working energy drink. There is no crash like with regular energy drinks, less than half the calories, and has vitamins and minerals. I have been drinking this now since the beginning of the year. The Blaze has became my go to morning drink.

You can drink the Hydrate and Recover of Energy and Focus alone as well. I have tried both. I like the mix the best but alone they both taste great. I have also used the Hydrate and Recover after a long night of drinking man sodas. The next morning I drink a Hydrate and Recover and I'm back to 100%. Not that I condone long nights of man soda, but they happen. The Energy and Focus to me did not do to much. But when you mix them together the magic happens.

Wilderness Athlete also sells both the Hydrate and recover and Energy and Focus in single serving packets. This will be great for backpacking, hiking or even out with the family at the county fair. For my Colorado backcountry Elk hunt in September I will be mixing the two into milk shake straws and heat sealing both sides. So when I am ready for a boost I grab a straw cut it open and dump it into my water pouch. I am very happy with both products and I will continue to purchase these as well as trying out a few of Wilderness Athlete's other products. 

Pros
-Great Taste
-Fast acting
-No Crash
-Packed with good Vitamins and  Minerals

Cons
-Best with a shaker bottle.

A great product for this would be one my hunting partner reviewed on his blog The SoCal Bowhunter  (http://socalbowhunter.blogspot.com/2014/04/product-review-easygo-dispenser.html) It is a great product for those who do not have a shaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment